Community Forums > General > General Discussion > Play Best. Lose Points. (Revisited)

Play Best. Lose Points. (Revisited)

vanthom_

战队: 标准会员
加入日期: 27 February 2014
帖子:40
编辑16 March 2014 - 9:39 pm通过vanthom_
Quote:
Do not listen to the guy overcomplicating the idea.

The idea is that all members of the team get points, no matter what.

The problem is the whole team getting points.
I gave one example and defended it but I also mentioned slightly more problems.
Problems with whole team getting points.
1. Droppers- If someone drops from a game they do not deserve to earn points because they earned nothing.
2. Resigners- they dont deserve any points if they resign and their team makes a comeback without them.
3. Currently if I am the last alive on my team and I take out a high rated player and still loose I loose less points, in this case it doesnt even matter and shouldnt even both fighting.

I could go on....
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [K_ON]Tainaka_Ritsu

加入日期: 8 March 2014
帖子:14
发布16 March 2014 - 9:44 pm
vanthom_ wrote:
1. Droppers- If someone drops from a game they do not deserve to earn points because they earned nothing.
2. Resigners- they dont deserve any points if they resign and their team makes a comeback without them.
3. Currently if I am the last alive on my team and I take out a high rated player and still loose I loose less points, in this case it doesnt even matter and shouldnt even both fighting.

I could go on....
+1
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [Vangelis]Exploration

加入日期: 29 November 2013
帖子:78
发布16 March 2014 - 9:50 pm
vanthom_ wrote:

I could go on....

Droppers and players who resign can be accounted for in the rating system. Doesn't seem that complicated. If you click to resign then you don't get points, if you die by the enemy and your team still wins, then you get points. Your third point is just silly.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [ZoKeR]CiTu

加入日期: 20 February 2013
帖子:166
发布17 March 2014 - 10:04 am
Yes at IGZ it was the whle team who won points. Even in voobly so was the rating system. It changed recently. God knows why.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 vanthom_

发布18 March 2014 - 3:54 pm
Quote:
Droppers and players who resign can be accounted for in the rating system. Doesn't seem that complicated. If you click to resign then you don't get points, if you die by the enemy and your team still wins, then you get points. Your third point is just silly.
Yes droppers could be accounted for maybe.. But now your forcing people to play full games even when their team will probably loose, so instead of being able to resign (which auto loose points) people will wait till they are completely dead. Estimating about all games lasting at least 30% longer.. Thats a huge change!

And my third point is completly valid it makes perfect sense if you have the opportunity to take out a player before you die to take out the highest rated player and therefore be able to lose less points.
This argument for it has little to no good reasons as to why losers should be rewarded points.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [PRIME]_Phil_

加入日期: 4 February 2013
帖子:143
发布18 March 2014 - 5:33 pm
vanthom_ wrote:
Yes droppers could be accounted for maybe.. But now your forcing people to play full games even when their team will probably loose, so instead of being able to resign (which auto loose points) people will wait till they are completely dead. Estimating about all games lasting at least 30% longer.. Thats a huge change!

No, this way someone only resigns when there's no hope of the team winning. Currently people resign when they think they will die (and therefore not gain points from the game), which doesn't buy time for the rest of their team. It also prevents the attackers from gaining the castle/tower razes. Get my point?
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [aGx]duckcity

加入日期: 28 July 2013
帖子:753
发布18 March 2014 - 6:52 pm
couldnt you just p**** chat logs (since recordings are forced in 1.4rc) and make the decision for sacrifice vs quitter based on whether it says x resigned or x was defeated?
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [K_ON]Tainaka_Ritsu

加入日期: 8 March 2014
帖子:14
发布18 March 2014 - 8:41 pm
couldnt you just p**** chat logs (since recordings are forced in 1.4rc) and make the decision for sacrifice vs quitter based on whether it says x resigned or x was defeated?
People can just delete the tower/gate/castles to avoid the "resign" and count themselves as "defeated"
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [aGx]duckcity

加入日期: 28 July 2013
帖子:753
发布18 March 2014 - 9:54 pm
People can just delete the tower/gate/castles to avoid the "resign" and count themselves as "defeated"
oh yeah i totally forgot about that... you could technically add another chat string into the scenario... but maybe not the best solution
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [VCOM]Barry_

战队: Voobly推广者
加入日期: 30 July 2011
帖子:2592
编辑18 March 2014 - 11:18 pm通过[VCOM]Barry_
Theres really no downside to this imo. The only argument is if someone resigns and the team wins but damn it that is not very likely. It can happen frequently in many CS maps, but in this situation its only CBA and CBA Hero that actually need to be considered. How many times does a team win 3v4 if the guy resigns near the start? Odds are the team is severely outcivved to start with.

As for the other game modes? RM and DM do not have this problem and this change would not impact them at all.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [FNL]FZ__

加入日期: 17 February 2014
帖子:15
发布19 March 2014 - 3:00 am
Aoc is just a game man, who cares if u lose a few points? You can't expect to win all the games you play.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [Ax_]4V3NG3R_

加入日期: 2 November 2013
帖子:666
发布19 March 2014 - 5:41 am
Come on Present rating system is GooD. Lay emphasis on other ideas like Decay , Maps etc etc....
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 JustTesting1234

加入日期: 30 April 2012
帖子:302
发布19 March 2014 - 9:08 am
how about if the players that lose and are on the winning team do not lose nor win any point?
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [VCOM]Barry_

战队: Voobly推广者
加入日期: 30 July 2011
帖子:2592
发布20 March 2014 - 3:02 am
how about if the players that lose and are on the winning team do not lose nor win any point?

This would be an acceptable compromise. That should mean the winning players get less points since they are only getting the points lost from the enemy and not fallen allies. There would be no advantage in letting an ally die for the cause of gaining more points. On the other hand, people will still be selfish and resign instead of attempting to gain a win for the team.

I'm still leaning towards the whole team getting points, as that eradicates the practice of allowing allies to die late on in order to gain more points as well as gives a reason for a person with a weak position in the game to fight and help the team win despite their own demise.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 vanthom_

编辑20 March 2014 - 12:12 pm通过vanthom_
The compromise idea is a good idea and in my books is much better than the other idea of giving losers points.
Quote:
Theres really no downside to this imo. The only argument is if someone resigns and the team wins but damn it that is not very likely. It can happen frequently in many CS maps, but in this situation its only CBA and CBA Hero that actually need to be considered. How many times does a team win 3v4 if the guy resigns near the start? Odds are the team is severely outcivved to start with.
CBA and CBA Hero are probably the easiest maps to win a 3v4 or a 2v4 and even in rare occasions a 1v4, with villagers and the ability to create a lot of bombard towers you can take control of the whole map even if you are outpopped. I don't find it very rare at all and Im sure if you were to look at some actual statistics there are tons of games that people win when someone on their team dc'ed or resigned.

链接 | 回复 | 引用
123[4]5
从 46 60中展现65 - 0
讨论区跳转:
1用户正在阅读这个话题 (在过去的30分钟)
0成员1游客