Community Forums > General > General Discussion > Play Best. Lose Points. (Revisited)

Play Best. Lose Points. (Revisited)

RIP_Vanthom

战队: 标准会员
加入日期: 15 July 2012
帖子:622
发布9 March 2014 - 10:26 am
This is a great idea! Now I can join games resign at start and still get points!! No seriously this is terrible if you die and your team kills another enemy consider it a sacrifice, in a real war no one gets rewarded for dying. And honestly cba hero is such an easy map to survive in just get kill s early and you wont be the first dead.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [ZoKeR]CiTu

加入日期: 20 February 2013
帖子:166
发布9 March 2014 - 11:27 am
Resigning from the start is very much more unlikely than allies intentionally not helping.
What we can do is, award only the survivors but not give them more points. They would get that many points they would have got had they won with the full team.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [Ax_]4V3NG3R_

加入日期: 2 November 2013
帖子:666
发布9 March 2014 - 11:29 am
Everyone liked it but i do not sorry for that. -1
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 BH_totoro

加入日期: 5 March 2012
帖子:401
发布9 March 2014 - 2:47 pm
i think there is some merit to what the OP is proposing (assuming i understood him right).

Comparing this situation to a real life war (where sacrificing your life is not rewarded because you've already died) is not applicable because this is a competitive video game (no one dies) and a real war is... well it's not comparable to a video game (people die).

It wouldn't be the worst idea to reward an entire team for winning despite losing a teammate or two (or three??). The pros of this is it will reinforce teamwork, and it will encourage a teammate with a weak civ to not resign early and play the game instead of losing hope that you won't gain points even if your team does win. The cons of this is that we probably can never have a perfectly functioning point-reward system because sometimes the teammates who were defeated may not deserve the point reward, or maybe a teammate disconnected (although perhaps the point-reward system may be able to account for that with proper coding and whatnot)

To those who will make the extreme argument that this idea sucks because it's just points and it shouldn't mean anything, well if points are to serve their real purpose (which is to represent a player's skill level), and this idea will help to make a player's rating more accurately depict his/her skill level, then why not try to implement this idea (after addressing all the cons, of course)?
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 Sheep_Thief

加入日期: 27 July 2013
帖子:258
发布10 March 2014 - 11:56 pm
Citu, I do understand your complain in the previous thread was 'cause you were very raged, but what you suggest in this one is ridiculous and most of the voobly players will disagree with it.

My ally died, his points is distributed to his team. He contributed to our victory, but he lost the game. Who loses doesn't earn points, that the sense of a rating system. By the time people start to gain point, though having losing a game, wins and losses won't matter anymore... and because of that your suggestion will never come true.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 james@voobly

加入日期: 28 November 2011
帖子:888
发布11 March 2014 - 12:35 am
What about the people that resign/lose in the beginning of the game. If their team goes on to winning, are they deserving of points? The obvious answer is no.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [ZoKeR]CiTu

加入日期: 20 February 2013
帖子:166
发布11 March 2014 - 12:40 am
At least don't deduct points for the one who sacrificed for the win?
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [VCOM]Barry_

战队: Voobly推广者
加入日期: 30 July 2011
帖子:2592
编辑11 March 2014 - 6:58 am通过[VCOM]Barry_
My ally died, his points is distributed to his team. He contributed to our victory, but he lost the game. Who loses doesn't earn points, that the sense of a rating system. By the time people start to gain point, though having losing a game, wins and losses won't matter anymore... and because of that your suggestion will never come true.

This is only a problem in CS. RM does not have this problem since it is very hard to be killed completely in a team game unless your entire team loses.

CSers are known for being assholes. When gaining points is more important than playing as a team, then thats pretty much defeating the point of team games. If you are willing to let your ally die just so you can gain some extra numbers, you are not being a very nice person.

Arguments could easily be made against this suggestion. However the argument about people quitting at the start is nonsensical. If somebody resigned at the start of a game and the team still won, then the game must have been in his or her advantage. Why would they have resigned?

Personally I see no reason why someone who dies and still contributes to the team victory should be punished. For example, if I'm aztecs, surrounded by strong civs and an enemy saracens is in a similiar situation. By going full out to kill the saracen player but dieing, I effectively enable the team win. Yet I lose points? Its not really a logical step in my opinion. A dead player should gain half the usual points or at the very least not lose any points lol.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [Ax_]4V3NG3R_

发布11 March 2014 - 7:23 am
Cser r known for being asshole.
wtf u saying. its just because getting pts in cs is easier. and citu making it more easier. And what u told about ur example game then u should know that 3/4 of voobly r noob or average. and doing this will make rating more fake. Hope u agree bro..
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [Ax_]4V3NG3R_

发布11 March 2014 - 7:27 am
And why so controversy over rates. Voobly is popular of its fabulous rating system. And liking pts is not bad as 80% here like pts. and dont lie to urself that u dont like pts.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [VCOM]Barry_

编辑11 March 2014 - 7:30 am通过[VCOM]Barry_
Cser r known for being asshole.
wtf u saying. its just because getting pts in cs is easier. and citu making it more easier. And what u told about ur example game then u should know that 3/4 of voobly r noob or average. and doing this will make rating more fake. Hope u agree bro..

Ratings couldn't be more fake in CS. They have been devalued for years upon years. The more I think about it the more this makes sense. The best games are games where all but one person dies, that doesn't mean he or she won alone. It means the rest of the team sacrificed themselves to win the game, they deserve points for that effort. At the very least, they should not lose points. Instead people get rewarded for outciv/civstack matches where nobody on their team dies.

Its not what should be promoted, and its why CS has a bad reputation.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [Ax_]4V3NG3R_

发布11 March 2014 - 7:37 am
I dont think cs has bad reputation. Even i have not so good rate people respect me in rm lobby. Democracy of god, polar, aom92 , hecto, genette n many other like me n cs. May be cs mod have bad reputation which u think is cs reputation.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [VCOM]Barry_

编辑11 March 2014 - 7:43 am通过[VCOM]Barry_
I dont think cs has bad reputation. Even i have not so good rate people respect me in rm lobby. Democracy of god, polar, aom92 , hecto, genette n many other like me n cs. May be cs mod have bad reputation which u think is cs reputation.

I didn't say you have a bad reputation. I said the lobby/community has a bad reputation. Haven't you ever heard the term 'CS World' used.

Anyway this isn't a debate on how CS is seen, its about how CS will be seen.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 CrunchyNapkin

加入日期: 23 February 2014
帖子:496
发布11 March 2014 - 7:48 am
not everybody is as nice as me:(
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 BH_totoro

加入日期: 5 March 2012
帖子:401
发布11 March 2014 - 6:45 pm
This is only a problem in CS. RM does not have this problem since it is very hard to be killed completely in a team game unless your entire team loses.

CSers are known for being assholes. When gaining points is more important than playing as a team, then thats pretty much defeating the point of team games. If you are willing to let your ally die just so you can gain some extra numbers, you are not being a very nice person.

Arguments could easily be made against this suggestion. However the argument about people quitting at the start is nonsensical. If somebody resigned at the start of a game and the team still won, then the game must have been in his or her advantage. Why would they have resigned?

Personally I see no reason why someone who dies and still contributes to the team victory should be punished. For example, if I'm aztecs, surrounded by strong civs and an enemy saracens is in a similiar situation. By going full out to kill the saracen player but dieing, I effectively enable the team win. Yet I lose points? Its not really a logical step in my opinion. A dead player should gain half the usual points or at the very least not lose any points lol.

+1

链接 | 回复 | 引用
1[2]345
从 16 30中展现65 - 0
讨论区跳转:
1用户正在阅读这个话题 (在过去的30分钟)
0成员1游客

Что интересно прямо сейчас
RCB Gold 2013 v4 (18 пользователи)
Voobly Stories(v 1.2) (18 пользователи)
Unplayed maps removed (15 пользователи)
Word Association (11 пользователи)
Top all round (5 пользователи)
Very Quick Analysis of Random (5 пользователи)
New Signatures/Clan banners/Prof... (4 пользователи)
Plan for June (4 пользователи)
Retard Clan (4 пользователи)
AoT : 1v1 Supremacy Tournament (4 пользователи)